Now that all the excitement and hoopla have died down following the Republican and Democratic National Conventions, I have been trying to understand why the Democrats have spent so much time walking back recent comments and actions. Isn’t their motto ‘FORWARD’?
Let’s take Obama’s remarks in Roanoke, VA in which he proclaimed that if you were successful in life “You didn’t do that on your own” and ”You didn’t build that”. Although the MSM and team Obama have consistently refuted his comments and claimed they were ‘taken out of context’, he is on record saying exactly that!
Then we had the DNC poster child, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who was caught in a big lie by CNN’s Anderson Cooper. After DWS accused the Washington Examiner’s Philip Klein of taking her out of context, Klein released the audio proving her a liar. Here is her interview with Anderson Cooper.
This was followed by the DNC’s sudden change of Thursday night’s venue from the Bank of America Stadium (seating 70,000) to the Time Warner Cable Arena (seating 20,000). The official reason was a prediction of possible severe weather. However, according to Charlotte’s WCNC TV Chief Meteorologist, Brad Panovich, the chance of rain was only 20% and there was no prediction of severe weather. Many wonder if the change of venue was more about ‘empty chairs’ and less about the weather.
And who didn’t love the supposedly heartfelt speech by ‘Steelworker’, David Foster, who told the story of how he and 750 steelworkers lost their jobs when the Bain-controlled company GST steel filed for bankruptcy in the early 1990s. Funny thing, Foster never worked for GST! According to ABC News, “David Foster was never an employee of GST Steel’s Kansas City plant. He was employed by the United Steelworkers of America as their regional union director to represent GST Steel.” BUSTED!!!
Finally, we have the DNC’s removal of ‘God’ and ‘Jerusalem’ from their platform. Following criticism and pressure from conservatives, the DNC hastily moved to add them. Following three votes (which in the opinion of many did NOT meet the 2/3 majority requirement) and multiple ‘boos’, God and Jerusalem were reinstated. I wonder just how prophetic the following scenario was – the majority of attendees ‘denied’ God three times……
In spite of a slate of young Hollywood stars and abortion supporters, the D ‘n C appeared to be more of a convention of contradiction than conviction. They seem to be perfecting the ‘Moonwalk’ – even though they are supposed to be moving FORWARD!
- Under Pressure and Amidst Boos, DNC adds God and Jerusalem to their Platform! (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Democrats move Obama’s big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to 20,000-seater indoor arena (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Michelle Obama tries to ‘Channel’ Ann Romney speech – we don’t buy the ‘Poverty’ stories! DNC is RNC II (lettingfreedomring.com)
- New York Times Proves Clint Eastwood Correct — Obama Is Lousy CEO (But World Class Narcissist) (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Anderson Cooper Says Wasserman Schultz In ‘Alternate Universe’ About DNC Platform Change (mediaite.com)
- 8 takeaways from the Dem convention (politico.com)