Of course they did – that is how they will win Northern Virginia. The rest of Virginia, however, is on to them!
This is good news! Eric Allen Bell is proving to be a very effective spokesperson for the counter jihad movement. With his multimedia background and compelling personal journey he is uniquely positioned to help move the public toward that “critical mass” of “Islamorealism” necessary to effect social and political change. Here is his announcement:
A Documentary Feature by Eric Allen Bell
the abyss also looks into you” – Nietzsche
In the Summer of 2010 I began production on a documentary called, “Not Welcome” about the backlash against contstruction of a 53,000 square foot mega mosque, in the heart of the American Bible Belt. At first I was interested in examing the question, “Why can’t we just coexist?” In retrospect, the question seems innocent and somewhat naive. I am reminded of the famous quote by Nietzche which says that, “When you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you”.
It did not take long for me, (a well-meaning Liberal at the time) to shift the focus of my documentary to become an expose on “Islamophobia” in America – as seen through the events that were playing out in this small town in Middle Tennessee. I shot over 300+ hours of footage. I edited together a 25 minute promo, went back home to Hollywood and raised the capital I needed to complete the film.
And then I was mugged by reality. (If you scroll down, you will see video of a talk I gave called “Islamophobia or Islamo-reality, which explains in detail how this transformation occured). But in short, what happened was that I came face to face with the brutal, sadistic, and tyrannical reality of Islam. And in the process I discovered that “Islamophobia” was nothing more than a myth – a myth which was being kept alive by the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) a Hamas front group.
I gave the money back to my backers. And I started writing. Having been a Liberal blogger, for the progressive Daily Kos, a blog which gets about a million hits a day, I tried to expose the truth about Islam. After my third article (I’d written over a hundred pieces for DKOS before getting on this subject) I was banned for being an “Islamophobe”. And that’s when I became even more determined.
Since then I have written numerous articles, appeared on dozens of radio shows, news shows, sat on panels and given public talks. I have become a committed Counter Jihadist. And along the way, I’ve made my share of enemies – including but not limited to, the Council on American Islamic Relations, Loonwatch.com and the terror-tied Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, TN.
When riots broke out, in over 20 Islamic countries, over the YouTube Islamo-comedy “The Innocence of Muslims” someone used that opportunity to plant a story that I was the director of that film. I am not. I do not know anyone who was involved with that movie. But that has not stopped 4 Pakistani newspapers from printing that I was the filmmaker and that I must be punished.
I have received countless death threats, a bounty was placed on my head, and I have had to go underground in order to protect my safety. And it was then that I realized – I might as well go ahead and finish my documentary. In fact, I must. Not only am I now living my life as if I had directed a movie, about Muhammad, which offended Muslims so badly that they were calling for my assasination – but if this is how badly the Islamic world wants to keep the truth about Islam a secret – then this is how badly the secret needs to be exposed.
So here is the plan…
I have decided to use my 300+ hours of footage, go back into editing mode, and finish my documentary. This will be a personal story, of setting out to expose “Islamophobia” and ending up risking everything to tell the truth about Islam. I will be calling this documentary “American Infidel”. And I would like for you to help me in telling that story.
It costs money to raise money. I can complete this picture for about $200,000. In my career in Hollywood, I have raised millions of dollars for film projects thus far. I have no doubt that a backer exists out there somewhere who will finance this project. But to get the ball rolling, I need access to resources. There are legal fees, equipment costs, security and other needs. What “American Infidel” needs now, today, is your contribution – to bridge the gap – until a backer is secured.
And here is another interesting possibility – if enough people are willing to contribute on average $25 per month, for six months, then I don’t need a big backer at all. We can finance this film together. And in the information age, I don’t need a Hollywood distributor to reach over a million people or more. It is now cheaper and easier to distribute a documentary than ever before.
Let’s face it, most people do not read books or blogs or do much reading at all these days. But my entire career has trained me to tell a story, on the screen, in a way that holds people’s attention, moves them emotionally, and often changes their perspective.
Something like this, the vision I have for “American Infidel”, has never been done before. This movie experience will not be academic or boring. The world does not need yet another one of those. “American Infidel” will be exciting, emotionally movinig and most of all it will be truthful. “American Infidel” will expose the truth about what I believe to be THE defining issue of our time – Political Islam in America.
Please, if you feel connected to this project and want to be involved in a movie which can in time become a movement, use one of the PayPal buttons and pitch in. This cause needs you!
Eric Allen Bell
To learn more about Eric and to make a contribution for the documentary go to:
- 6 Sure Signs Someone You Know is an Islamophobe – And What you can DO about it! (counterjihadreport.com)
- Video: Eric Allen Bell – “Islamophobia or Islamo-Reality?” (frontpagemag.com)
- 10 Million Rupee Bounty Placed on Eric Allen Bell’s Head (counterjihadreport.com)
- Muhammad: Islam’s Dirty Little Secret – by Eric Allen Bell (menorahblog.typepad.com)
- “Islamophobia” is a Sacralized Islamic Objective (counterjihadreport.com)
Via White House 2012
Administration officials have stated that the White House has put special operations strike forces on standby and moved drones into the skies above Africa in advance of a an attempt to strike back at the al-Qaeda connected terrorists who killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and the three Americans assigned to his detail in Benghazi, Libya last month. Strangely, reports indicate that Administration officials stipulate that the retaliatory attack will occur only if US investigators can find the al-Qaeda-linked group responsible for the Benghazi terrorist attack on our Libyan consulate.
The odd stipulation seems to indicate that the Obama Administration is acting more on the intelligence coming from the Obama reelection campaign than it is on any actionable intelligence from Homeland Security, the CIA, FBI or NSA.
Under normal circumstances, no responsible Administration would warn their military target that they are about to be blown up by drones or slaughtered by members of the Special Forces by transmitting to the public that such attacks are be prepared for. Furthermore; no responsible Administration would see any logic in claiming they were about to launch an attack and then essentially state but they don’t who the attack is against or will it take place. But such is what the Obama Administration communicated to the world when they admitted that US investigators have not yet found out who our target is or where they are.
This advanced warning from the Administration about the use of military muscle regarding the terrorist attack on our consulate in Libya is nothing more than an attempt by the Obama reelection campaign to change the current narrative surrounding the Benghazi attacks. That narrative is one which continues to point to an Administration which was incompetent and irresponsible in the days leading up to the Benghazi terrorist attack and in the days following the attack.
Since the attacks took place on September 11, 2012, the Administration has been offering what are at best misleading statements surrounding the attacks and in the days after the attack, the Administration has acted in a way which has signaled an attempted coverup of the facts. Some of the biggest questions still going unanswered includes, why the Administration failed to heighten security at our consulate on September 11th, a day which traditionally does bring the need for additional security? Another question is why pleas for additional security from Ambassador Chris Stevens were not fulfilled?
Now as this tragic incident slowly boils up in to a political scandal, the Administration suddenly makes it clear that they are preparing for a retaliatory attack on the people behind the act of terrorism on Americans in Libya but at the same time admit they have no knowledge of who they retaliate against.
Furthermore; according to the Associated Press officials say the Administration also is weighing whether the short-term payoff of being able to claim retribution against al-Qaeda is worth the risk that such strikes would be ineffective and rile up other governments in the region.
So the question becomes why did members of the Obama Administration leak this information about a pending retaliatory attack? If there is no target and no action for it, obviously it is not about to happen?
The conclusion is this. The Obama Administration which is trying to deny it had intelligence information regarding the threats on our consulate or regarding what was behind the attack, is now allowing the the Obama campaign to drive their foreign policy and national security agenda. Only this time, the Administration is openly admitting that they have no intelligence regarding the actions they are saying they are preparing for. Makes sense right? Not really.
Read the rest here.
- Al Qaeda Intercept Proves that Blaming Benghazi on a Movie Was a Lie from the Start (pjmedia.com)
- Obama Administration Had Video All Along That Showed There Was No Protest at Benghazi Consulate (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Biden: Hey, none of us knew that the Benghazi consulate wanted more security! (hotair.com)
- The Poisonous Presidency (letttingfreedomring.com)
- Obama’s Lies Unravel in Congressional Hearing on Libya 9/11 Attack (letttingfreedomring.com)
By Alan Caruba via Canada Free Press
When the leaders of the United States, the President, his Vice President, his Secretary of State and others deliberately lie to its citizens, knowing full well that the facts about the tragic killing of an American ambassador and three of his staff are widely known, the nation has reached a point where it is paramount that he be removed from office.
The forthcoming election is the instrument and current indicators are that President Obama will be defeated. It is to be hoped that power in the Senate will be returned to the Republican Party and retainedl in the House of Representatives. This is the only way steps can be taken to avoid the financial collapse that faces the nation and achieve the repeal of Obamacare that Mitt Romney has promised if elected.
What worries me most, however, is the utter disdain for the truth that has marked the presidency of Barack Obama. It has been nearly four years of sustained lies about the steps that were taken to respond to the financial crisis facing the nation when he took office. The so-called “stimulus” wasted billions, becoming little more than a slush fund for Democratic fund-raisers, unions, and other connected parties to the administration. Instead the administration literally seized control of General Motors and Chrysler, then in the normal process of bankruptcy, claiming to save the jobs of auto workers. What they did was shunt aside the legitimate creditors and investors in GM. They arbitrarily discontinued its often long relationship with several hundred auto dealerships, adding their employees to the unemployment lines. They then insisted that GM invest millions in the creation of an electric car that cost $47,000 to purchase and ended up purchasing them for government use with taxpayer’s money.
Obamacare, more than 2,700 pages in length and incorporating more than twenty new taxes, was passed by a Democrat-controlled Congress with little evidence that any of those who voted for it had even read it. Arguing initially that he was not a tax, when challenged in the Supreme Court, the administration then said it was a tax. For some inexplicable reason, the Court permitted it to stand despite its clear over-ride of the Constitution’s Commerce Clause that forbids the government from requiring a citizen to purchase anything.
Under Obama, the foreign policy of the nation has now seriously weakened its position in the world and combined with cuts to defense spending, put its ability to protect the homeland and project power abroad at risk. The administration failed to negotiate an agreement with Iraq that would permit U.S. troops to remain in place, as they do at the invitation of many nations around the world, leaving Iraq vulnerable to al Qaeda. Setting a date for withdrawal from Afghanistan only emboldened the Taliban.
The so-called Arab Spring has mutated, not into the establishment of democratic institutions in nations like Egypt or Libya, but an opportunity for the Muslim Brotherhood to at least ascend to positions of power in opposition to America’s interests in the Middle East and Northern Africa.
We now know that President Obama skipped some sixty percent of the daily CIA briefings that presidents long have made a part of their duties and this no doubt led to its ignorance of the impending tragedy in Libya, but the fault lies, too, with the State Department that ignored the slain ambassador’s pleas for increased security for the embassy and consulate. This is a president who has been missing in action as the Islamic jihad began to heat up across the face of the globe.
The hostility of President Obama’s administration to the vital energy sector of the nation has denied access to oil extraction on the vast acreage of federal lands. It has denied permits for offshore drilling to a far larger degree than previous administrations. It has mercilessly attacked the coal industry, responsible for nearly fifty percent of all electricity generation in the nation. Plants for electricity have closed down under the pressure of costly EPA regulations. Only the natural gas sector has grown, thanks to the technology of fracking, but both oil and gas is being extracted mostly on private land.
Read the rest here.
- Clinton biographer: Obama looking to throw Hillary under the bus for Libya attack (redalertpolitics.com)
- Giuliani Blames Libya Attack ‘Cover-Up’ on Obama’s ‘Fantasy World’ (politicker.com)
- The National Obama Accountability Project: Citizens Bill of Grievances (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Over 70 Million File First-Time Unemployment Claims On President Obama’s Watch, Reports Gold Price (prweb.com)
I am sure readers could come up with many more reasons not to vote for Obama. Since this article was originally written before the recent Benghazi fiasco we can also add incompetence and national security failures to the list. I only need one reason – I want to save my country!
By Kyle Becker on Jun 16, 2012
- The man started his presidency off with a bang by botching his oath of office.
- For good measure, he set the tone for his administration for allowing Chief Justice John Roberts to take the blame for the error.
- Obama promises on the campaign trail to immediately shut down Guantanamo Bay. The detention facility is open three years later and counting.
- In the same breath, he promises to restore habeas corpus. Three years into his term, he signs the National Defense Authorization Act, which leaves open the possibility of indefinite detention of American citizens.
- President Obama ordered the assassination of an American citizen.
- As Senator, Obama spoke out against but voted for the Patriot Act.
- As President, he extended it, with an auto-pen, while he was in France.
- Obama continues the “Bush practice” of extraordinary rendition.
- As a candidate, Obama promises to end the War in Iraq and bring all troops home within 16 months. He even says in 2007 that it would be the first thing he would do in office, and that “you can take that to the bank.” As president, he announces all troops would be withdrawn by the end of 2011 (34 months later).
- Obama states the Afghan War would conclude in June 2011, but projections now have us running into 2014.
- As Senator, Obama opposes the surge in Iraq. He claims that increasing troop levels by 20,000 would actually increase sectarian violence.
- When pulling troops out of Iraq, Obama tries to claim success for ending the war, without giving credit to Bush or the troops for any “victory.” The Bush surge was what turned the tide in the war.
- Sectarian violence is up sharply since Obama pulled troops out of Iraq in December 2011.
- President Obama refuses to say “victory” is necessarily the goal in Afghanistan. Obama reasons the U.S. should not project the image of Emperor Hirohito being forced to sign a treaty of surrender before Macarthur to end the war against Japan.
- Emperor Hirohito did not sign the treaty of surrender ending the war against Japan. It was his foreign minister Shigemitsu.
- Obama plans to ease travel restrictions to communist Cuba in 2009. And in 2011.
- The president pledges a “new beginning” with the Cuban dictatorial regime.
- A glance at a Cuban-U.S. relations timeline running to December 2011 shows nothing changed.
- President Obama greets Venezuela’s socialist dictator Hugo Chavez warmly at the Summit of the Americas.
- Earlier that month, Chavez calls Obama an “ignoramus.”
- At the same summit, President Obama sits patiently through a 50 minute diatribe against the United States delivered by socialist strongman Daniel Ortega, only scribbling notes instead of walking out with his diplomatic team.
- President Obama meets a grinning Daniel Ortega at the same summit.
- When asked later by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper what he thought of the anti-American tirade, President Obama replies, “It was 50 minutes long. That’s what I thought.”
- The attempted subversion of the rule of law in Honduras by the socialist president Zelaya, which would have unconstitutionally put him on the ballot for a third term, prompts his judicial removal from office. Obama condemns the supposed “coup” as “not legal.”
- President Obama directs his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to cut off $30 million in aid to Honduras.
- Election fraud propelling anti-Israel Iranian president and saber-rattling madman Mahmoud Ahmadinejad back to power leads to a mass civil uprising. Despite reports of widespread and cruel bloodshed repressing the protests, President Obama says nothing for ten days.
- President Obama refuses to “intervene” in pro-democratic Iranian protests.
- Obama’s first call as president is made to the Palestinian Authority’s Fatah leader President Mahmoud Abbas.
- Obama’s first formal interview is conducted with Al-Arabiya television.
- One of President Obama’s first executive orders is to greatly restrict the influence of lobbyists in his administration.
- Years later, it is well-known that the Obama administration routinely meets with lobbyists off White House grounds, where Secret Service logs are not kept.
- In 2012, Obama promotes a recent lobbyist with Mexican illegal immigration advocate La Raza from a position as director of intergovernmental affairs to director of the Domestic Policy Council.
- The second executive order Obama gives is one reversing Bush era rules safeguarding prior administration’s records. It narrows “executive privilege.”
- Obama invokes executive privilege within the first year over the gatecrasher fiasco.
- In late 2011, the Obama administration refuses to turn over all communiques relating to the politically seedy financing of bankrupt solar panel company Solyndra.
- Another early executive order froze pay for White House staffers making over $100,000. A year later 74% of staffers got a pay raise, many of them to well over a $100,000. (Freezing pay does not apply to promotions or position changes.) The average boost was 9%, three times private sector average.
- The next year, 54% got a raise. The average increase was 8%, and of those who got raises, it was nearly 16%.
- Barack Obama was declared by presidential historian Michael Beschloss as “probably the smartest guy ever to become president.” Beschloss gushed that Obama’s IQ was “off the charts,” but when pressed by radio host Don Imus, he could not say what Obama’s IQ was.
- Despite being heralded as a brilliant thinker, Obama still to this day refuses to release his college records.
- Barack Obama received a degree from prestigious Columbia University, where hardly anybody recalls him attending there.
- As editor of the Harvard Law Review, Barack Obama anonymously wrote one article – championing abortion.
- The one quote provided from the article cited by Politico contains a grammatical error – “in to” instead of “into.”
- A letter to a Harvard newspaper written by Obama shows rampant grammatical errors, including a demonstrable lack of subject-predicate agreement.
- In Dreams from My Father, Obama makes known that he “chose his friends carefully” and deliberately sought out “Marxist Professors,” “structural feminists,” and discussed with his friends the socialist, anti-colonialist revolutionary Franz Fanon.
- Before becoming president, Barack Obama authored not just one, but two biographies, making him millions of dollars.
- In his book The Audacity of Hope, Obama was cited as saying The Constitution is a “living document,” that can be interpreted “in the context of an ever-changing world” (i.e. however he wants).
- Before becoming an author, the president admitted he wrote some “very bad poetry.” This is true. Just one sample shows the same tendency to split a conjoined word: it’s not “under water,” it’s “underwater.”
- Literary analysis performed by an expert at detecting forgery and fraud points to the strong possibility that Obama’s biographies were written by ghostwriters.
- Additional evidence shows that the ghost writer for Dreams from My Father may very well have been unrepentant socialist terrorist and then-contemporary English professor William Ayers of the Weather Underground.
- When Barack Obama was young, he was mentored by Moscow-connected Communist Party member Frank Marshall Davis. Identified as only “Frank” in his biography Dreams from my Father, it was claimed that “Frank” was a poet on par with contemporary communist poet Langston Hughes. It was later discovered that this had to be Davis, a poet who had indeed joined the Communist Party USA. Obama later confirmed the relationship with Davis while attempting to distance himself from him.
- In late 2008, Obama’s spokesman Robert Gibbs denied to Chris Matthews that William Ayers held a fundraiser for Barack Obama. Later on, William Ayers was caught on tape admitting that he held a fundraiser for Obama in which the future president was in attendance.
- As ABC News reported in March 2008, Obama’s pastor of 20 years, baptizer of his children, and “close confidante” Reverend Wright was confirmed on numerous occasions as incorporating heated anti-American rhetoric into his sermons, such as “goddamn America,” and claiming 9/11 was deserved as “America’s chickens coming home to roost.”
- As Politico and ABC News reported, criminal Tony Rezko, who was convicted of corruption, gave President Obama a sweetheart deal on real estate property and donated $120,000 to Obama’s Senate campaign.
- Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel was reported by Think Progress as probably having been the whistleblower who outed impeached and convicted former governor Rod Blagojevich in the pay-to-play scandal. Such an action suggests that Emanuel may have been seeking to distance Obama from Blagojevich. Recordings of Blagojevich repeatedly mentioning Emanuel along with potential candidate and Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett, and testimony that Emanuel relayed a message to the governor that Obama would “value and appreciate” consideration of Jarrett, provide strong appearance of ethical misconduct.
- Multiple sources provide documented, archived evidence that Barack Obama was a member of the Democratic Socialists of America-connected “New Party” in Illinois.
- Verifiable communist Alice Palmer, who worked for well-known Soviet front group U.S. Peace Council, hand picked Obama to be her successor as state senator. Described by the LA Times as Obama’s “mentor,” she later endorsed fellow Alinskyite Hillary Clinton.
- As state senator, President Obama voted “present” nearly 130 times.
- Obama was given 100% “pro-choice” rating by abortion advocates NARAL. As state senator, Obama voted against banning partial birth abortion.
- In 2007, Senator Obama was rated as the most liberal senator, according to his voting record.
- Obama had been given glowing endorsement by the Communist Party USA.
- In early 2009, President Obama says the following, “I don’t like the idea of spending more government money, nor am I interested in expanding government’s role.”
- Time magazine reports that Obama’s $787 billion “stimulus” plan, which no GOP in the House voted for, fails by its own measures. Unemployment still above 8%, economy continues to bleed jobs.
- Candidate Barack Obama publicly promises to go “line by line” through legislation to remove wasteful earmarks.
- Obama stimulus gave $200,000 to teach Siberian lawmakers how to engage Russian policy makers in Moscow.
- Stimulus funding of $250,000 went to bug storage for an insect museum at North Carolina State University that gets 44 visitors a year.
- Gave $500,000 to put microchips in recycling bins to check up on the recycling efforts of senior citizens.
- $5 million to create a geothermal energy system for the Oak Ridge City Center shopping mall in Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- $9.38 million to renovate a century-old train depot in Lancaster County, Pa., that has not been used for three decades.
- Provided $712,000 spent on a project by researchers at Northwestern University to develop “machine-generated humor.”
- Buses in Winter Haven, Florida that average two riders per hour got $2.4 million so that the two riders per hour would have brand new buses to ride on.
- A Georgia Tech assistant music professor got $760,000 so he could jam with “world renowned musicians” to “create satisfying works of art.”
- The California Academy of Sciences got $2 million dollars to send people to the Indian Ocean to photograph ants. “Everyone has run into ants … now we need to listen to them,” one ant photographer said.
- The University of North Carolina received $762,000 to create a YouTube dance application.
- $462,000 to purchase 22 concrete toilets for use in the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri.
- $3.1 million to transform a canal barge into a floating museum that will travel the Erie Canal in New York.
- $3.4 million to create an underground turtle tunnel, or eco-passage, in Lake Jackson, Florida.
- About a half-million dollars to give smartphones to people trying to quit smoking so they could “contact their quitting support groups by text message or phone calls to prevent relapses.”
- Almost $300,000 to study how Yoga might reduce menopausal hot flashes.
- $983,952 for street beautification in Ann Arbor, Mich., including decorative lighting, trees, benches and bike paths.
- $1 million for Portland, Ore., to replace 100 aging bike lockers and build a garage that would house 250 bicycles.
- $700,000 to Oregon crab fishermen to help recover lost crab pots.
- $1.5 billion for a Carbon Capturing Contest.
- $300,000 for a GPS-equipped helicopter to hunt for radioactive rabbit droppings at the Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington state.
- SUNY Buffalo received $390,000 to study young adults who drink malt liquor and smoke marijuana.
- Montana received $2.2 million to install skylights in their state-run liquor warehouse.
- $800,000 given to John Murtha Airport to repave a back runway used by about 20 passengers a day. This was in addition to millions given to this airport over the decades.
- $1 million was given to a Chicago dinner cruise company to “combat terrorism.”
- $30 million for a spring training baseball complex for the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies.
- The Coast Guard gets $572 million to create 1,235 new jobs. This comes to $460,000 per job.
- $11 million for Microsoft to build a bridge connecting its two headquarter campuses in Redmond, Wash., which are separated by a highway.
- $1.15 million to install a guardrail for a persistently dry lake bed in Guymon, Oklahoma.
- $2.5 million in stimulus checks sent to the deceased.
- $6 million for a snow-making facility in Duluth, Minnesota.
- Millions spent on signs advertising the “American Reinvestment and Recovery Act.”
- Barack Obama carries out much of the $700 billion TARP program. Obama forces banks to take money, and even refuses to accept repayment in some cases to wield control over them.
- President Obama takes over two of three top U.S. automakers GM & Chrysler.
- Obama essentially fires GM CEO Rick Wagoner.
- Obama replaces the previous GM CEO with “Auto Czar” Steve Rattner, who had no experience in the automobile industry.
- Steven Rattner was appointed (without Senate confirmation) while he was under SEC investigation in NY for illegal kickbacks in exchange for pensions fraud.
- Rattner estimated the cost to U.S. taxpayers for auto bailouts at $14 billion.
- Obama deprives GM bondholders of their rightful compensation in order to maintain perquisites for United Auto Workers, which drove the company into bankruptcy to begin with. This is in violation of Article 1: Section 8 clause on uniform bankruptcies.
- Despite being called a “success,” at least 16,500 jobs were lost due to GM and Chrysler plant closures.
- Dealerships contracted with GM & Chrysler all over the country were shut down. Evidence suggests that Democrat-donating dealers were rescued from shutdowns.
- Obama’s touted “cash for clunkers” program was a fiasco that led to program mismanagement, taxpayer subsidized waste, and a temporary boost leading to original purchase levels.
- Thousands of cars were destroyed, harming the ability of the poor to have cheap transportation.
- Evidence shows that the program led only to an increase in national fuel efficiency of 0.65 miles per gallon.
- As part of the GM takeover, Obama authorized billions to be spent subsidizing the electric-powered Chevy Volt.
- The car was alleged by many to be prone to spontaneous combustion. Every single Chevy Volt sold, all 8,000 of them, was recalled.
- High campaign contributor General Electric received billions in subsidies, grants, and green energy tax breaks under Obama. In fact, GE paid zero taxes in 2010 on $14.2 billion in “profit.”
- General Electric spent more than $65.7 million on lobbying during the Obama administration – more than any other company.
- Former GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt was made Obama’s “Jobs Czar,” technically, the head of the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. Immelt once lamented that America was not more like Germany, where “business and government work… as a pack.” As writer Timothy Carney pointed out at the Washington Examiner, Germany is 49 of 57 countries ranked in terms of nascent entrepreneurship, and “the biggest German companies today – Allianz, Deutsche Bank, Daimler, Siemens, Volkswagen, Krupp – were the biggest companies 90 years ago.”
- GE has sent tens of thousands of its jobs overseas under Obama.
- GE spearheaded the commission that pushed through the ban on incandescent light bulbs. The company, along with Phillips, stood to make billions on toxic and overhyped compact fluorescent light bulbs. In the meantime, GE closed the last major incandescent plant in the country, meaning lost jobs here and thousands gained in China. The light bulb ban was later defunded by the Republican-led House, but not overturned.
- GE’s previously owned company MSNBC was notorious on both right and left for showing indisputably favorable coverage to Barack Obama during the 2008 election campaign. MSNBC was later bought out by Comcast, which now has a 51% majority share.
- Another major green energy supplier, Solyndra, was famously given at least $535 million in government loans to produce solar energy panels, but later had to file bankruptcy.
- Solyndra was led by Tulsa Billionaire George Kaiser, a key Obama fundraiser who donated $53,500 to the president’s election campaign, and raised between $50,000 and $100,000 for the same cause.
- The Solyndra workers on unemployment received bonus payments of $13,000 each due to a trade law, in addition to their unemployment compensation.
- As reported by CBS, Solyndra was recently caught on film destroying millions in parts.
- Solyndra was a relatively minor recipient of green energy loans and subsidies. As reported by the NY Times, NRG Energy received nearly $1.6 billion to provide solar energy to about 100,000 homes. As the article points out, green energy companies can receive cash grants of up to 30% of a project up front instead of taking tax breaks in the future. This would mean NRG Energy can get a $430 million “bonus” after the project is completed.
- According to the Department of Energy, “clean energy” loans total over $35 billion, producing just 62,500 jobs. That calculates to $565,000 per job.
- The man Obama selected to oversee the Department of Energy, Steven Chu, once explicitly compared the American public to teenagers who need to be “educated” on the merits of “green energy.”
- Admitted communist Van Jones, who once said on live radio that his intention was to overthrow capitalism through the means of “eco-capitalism,” was tapped as Obama’s “Green Jobs Czar.” A former White House aide provides a testimonial that everyone who works close to the president is thoroughly vetted.
- Van Jones was later forced to resign, after months of major media stonewalling, only after it was discovered that the man was a verifiable 9/11 “Truther.”
- Van Jones was selected for the position by Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett, a fellow-traveling radical whose father Vernon Davis was a card-carrying communist who knew Frank Marshall Davis. Valerie Jarrett’s mentor was Marilyn Katz, who worked security for Students for a Democratic Society, knows William Ayers intimately, and penned a book with famous communist Carl Davidson.
- Former head of the Environmental Protect Agency Carol M. Browner, director of Obama’s Energy and Climate Change policy from 2009-2011, was reported by the Washington Times to have been a member of the Socialist Internationale’s Commission for a Sustainable World Society. (Note the number and variety of world leaders.)
- Obama’s “Science Czar” John Holdren once co-wrote a book advocating forced abortions, and widespread sterilization. He also advocated centralizing world government control of all natural resources under a “Planetary Regime.”
- Obama’s “Regulatory Czar” Cass Sunstein wrote a book on how to “nudge” people in government’s desired direction, while advocating methods such as using copyright laws to achieve an “optimum chilling effect” over free speech, and to eliminate “conspiracy theories,” such as manmade global warming theory being a fraud.
- President Obama appointed former Bush adviser Howard Schmidt to be an unaccountable “Cyber Czar.” The announcement came as the Pentagon opened up its own cybercommand unit and the Department of Homeland Security hired 1,000 cybersecurity specialists.
- FCC Chair Julius Genachowski implemented rules tantamount to “Net Neutrality,” despite a court order reprimanding the agency for lacking the authority to do so. The House voted to strike down the “Open Internet” regulations, but the Senate recently voted against nullifying them. The regulations are currently in force, but it is unclear how long they will last.
- Lightsquared, a wireless technology firm, was given FCC exemptions to build out a 4G wireless network, allowing it to acquire bandwidth on the cheap. The owner of the company Phil Falcone was a campaign contributor to Obama to the tune of $30,400.
- Thousands of emails acquired under FOIA request suggest that the Obama administration pressured Air Force General William Shelton to stifle criticism of a potential Lightsquared military contract that the company’s operations could interfere with the military’s GPS positioning system.
- According to the Examiner, then-Senator Barack Obama was steered by financial advisor George Haywood into investing $90,000 in Lightsquared when it was called Skyterra. Billionaire investor George Soros, a well-known financier of radical causes, was also prominent as an investor.
- The BP oil spill, the largest in U.S. history, was only slowed after action was taken by the administration 40 days into the spill. Former Clinton strategist James Carville took the president to task for his lack of leadership on the matter.
- BP was strong-armed by the president into creating a $20 billion escrow account for damage claims, in violation of Fifth Amendment due process rights.
- President Obama enacted and extended an offshore drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico after the spill. Despite a federal court order over-ruling the moratorium, Obama continued it anyway. As ABC News reported, months after the BP oil spill leak was plugged, clean up crews could not find the oil spill, as the Gulf had apparently broken it up. The administration promised to lift the moratorium in late 2010, but rescinded it and instead established a seven-year moratorium.
- The oil moratorium cost American workers at least 19,000 jobs and $1.1 billion in wages. The Gulf drilling company Seahawk was forced into bankruptcy.
- The Export-Import Bank, whose chair was selected by Obama, guaranteed a loan of $2 billion to Brazilian oil company Petrobras SA for offshore oil drilling. A widely distributed, but obviously erroneous article filled with half-truths and distortions published by Forbes admits that Obama contributor and fundraiser George Soros indeed did profit from holding shares in Petrobras SA.
- This is what President Obama said on his visit to Brazil in March 2011, “We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers.”
- In the first year of Obama’s administration, he won the Nobel Peace Prize, even though wars overseas were still ongoing, and future undeclared wars and conflicts were yet to be carried out by the man.
- President Obama is the only commander-in-chief to violate the War Powers Act. As ABC reported, Obama was warned ahead of time by Congress and he ignored it.
- In President Obama’s acceptance speech, he said, “One urgent example is the effort to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons, and to seek a world without them.” Calling this agenda a “centerpiece” of his foreign policy, the president dismissed the contention held by numerous scholars that nuclear weapons likely prevented World War III. Getting the United States to disband its nuclear weapons program was a major centerpiece of the former USSR’s active measures campaign, which was carried out by such institutions as the communist front World Peace Council.
- Obama’s Secretary of State offered a “reset” button to Russia early on in his administration. Labeled peregruzka, the button actually said “overcharge” in Russian. The correct term is perezagruzka.
- President Obama cancelled plans to station an anti-ballistic missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic.
- The president narrows the conditions under which nuclear weapons are authorized to be used, including ruling them out for retaliation against chemical and biological attack from non-nuclear states that are in compliance with the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
- At the end of 2011, Russia threatens to pull out of START, due to complaints about its conventional arms build-up in Europe. In 2008, Russia pulled out of the Conventional Armed Forces in Europe treaty, which had limited regional military presence on the European continent, and also launched a military campaign into Georgia after meddling in that state’s territories of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Obama shared data with Russia on U.S. forces in Europe, while discussions with Russia over developing and even joint administering an ABM defense system in Europe led to vehement saber-rattling from the Kremlin.
- Russia helped Iran build a nuclear power plant in Bushehr, and despite denials by the Democrats in the not-so-distant past, the Iranians have a nuclear weapons program. Obama complained of the effect of sanctions on Iran’s economy, though remaining unable to get Russia and China on board with implementing the sanctions.
- Iran threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz in December 2011, while taunting the U.S. Navy there.
- Obama dispatched a team of dolphins to deal with the situation.
- In 2011, the United States loses a sophisticated spy drone in Iran. President Obama is rebuffed when he asks the rogue state for the drone back. Instead, the Iranians offer a miniature model to the president.
- Early in his administration, President Obama, acting as an official head of state, bowed deeply to the Saudi prince.
- President Obama botches the traditional bow to the Japanese emperor, displaying weakness to the country.
- When Barack Obama first moved into the Oval Office, he sent ally Britain back its gift of a Winston Churchill bust.
- President Obama gave Prime Minister Gordon Brown a gift set of DVDs not even formatted correctly for play in Europe.
- Obama gave the queen an iPod with his speeches on it. Michelle Obama breaks obvious protocol and hugs the queen.
- When Obama visited Westminster Abbey in 2011, he signed the guest book May 24, 2008.
- President Obama made a joke on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno about a recent bowling game, ““I bowled a 129….it was like Special Olympics, or something.”
- Actually, the president bowled a 37.
- When President Obama threw out the first pitch at baseball game, he nearly launched it into the bleachers.
- While praising troops at Fort Drum, NY for their service in Iraq and Afghanistan, President Obama said, “A comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.” Wrong hero. Sgt. 1st Class Jared Monti was killed in action. Another soldier, Staff Sgt. Sal Giunta, was the first living recipient of the Medal of Honor that fought in Afghanistan.
- Obama famously failed to salute the flag while Senator as he attended a steak fry with Tom Harkin in Indianola, IA 2007.
- Five days before Obama was elected, he said that he wanted to “fundamentally transform” America. Cause you know, that’s why we elect presidents.
- In an interview given before he was sworn in to be president, Barack Obama states that the Constitution had “deep flaws.”
- Barack Obama claims he is fighting something “uncomfortably similar” to Nazism in the United States.
- President Obama was the top corporate campaign donations recipient during the 2008 elections, far exceeding John McCain. Three of Obama’s top contributors were Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, and Google.
- Although Obama’s Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner never worked for Goldman Sachs, his adviser Gene Perling did. Sachs received preferential treatment during TARP, because its investments in AIG were effectively insured by the U.S. government. AIG was pushed off a cliff, and then taken over by the government. GS was compensated for what would have been “toxic assets.” Goldman Sachs alum Hank Paulson, who was Treasury Secretary at the time of the bailout hostile takeover, insisted the AIG CEO step aside for fellow Goldman Sachs alum Edward Liddy, who even held millions in Goldman Sachs shared at the time.
- On the campaign trail, after Liddy (who was working for a salary of $1) was excoriated for authorizing a $444,000 retreat for AIG staff, President Obama said that AIG executives should give the money back and its heads should be fired. Liddy was AIG head until late August 2009.
- The Obama administration hired several Goldman Sachs alums, such as GS lobbyist Mark Patterson, unusual for an administration more stacked with academics than businessmen. The ties are deep and murky, and include a revolving door of Goldman Sachs alums in such institutions as the NY Fed, where Geithner was the Chair.
- President Obama’s first budget director Peter Orszag, a career academic who became a protege of Goldman alum Robert Rubin, left the administration after a year and a half to draw a multi-million dollar check from Citigroup, where Rubin sat on the board.
- President Obama once said, “Contrary to the claims of some of my critics, I am an ardent believer in the free market.”
- As a candidate, Barack Obama famously remarked to “Joe the Plumber”, “I think when you spread the wealth around it’s good for everybody.”
- He also said, “I, like most of the American people, don’t begrudge people success or wealth. That is part of the free-market system.” This was after Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein received a $9 million bonus and JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dillon received a $17 million payoff. Both firms received bailouts.
- Obama also said, ““My administration is the only thing between you [CEO’s] and the pitchforks. “ He may have been right.
- After Timothy Geithner, who earlier oversaw the initial stages of the AIG “bailout” as Chair of the NY Fed, proposed a bank tax to recoup AIG bonuses, Obama said, “Like it or not, we have to have a financial system that is healthy and functioning.”
- One company heavy into carbon investments, and would make huge profits on a cap-and-trade regime was Goldman Sachs.
- Obama supported cap-and-trade, which would have caused a huge burden on those paying for public utilities.
- Obama once publicly said, “Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”
- Obama fails to build an international consensus to do something collaboratively on “climate change.”
- Despite a personal appeal, Obama does not deliver the Olympics to Chicago. Brazil wins the bid for 2016.
- As Obama once said, “We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times… and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That’s not leadership. That’s not going to happen.”
- Obama dismissed Republican attacks on the massive size of the stimulus by saying, “What do you think a stimulus is? It’s spending – that’s the whole point! Seriously.”
- Obama once remarked about disgraced, defunded, and disbanded community organization ACORN as,“I’ve been fighting with ACORN, alongside ACORN, on issues you care about, my entire career.”
- Former SEIU chief Andy Stern’s association with the Alinskyite “radical pragmatist” community organizer Barack Obama run long and deep: Obama gushed about the SEIU, “We look after each other!” during his campaign, which was funded by the union to the tune of $60 million. Stern unashamedly spouts Marxist rhetoric and admires China.
- Post-election, Stern was the most frequent visitor to the White House.
- That title was taken over by Richard Trumka, head of the AFL-CIO. Trumka publicly expressed “solidarity” with Marxists and other socialists (and interestingly blasted Sarah Palin for being McCarthyist).
- Before Obama gave a Labor Day speech, Teamster’s president James Hoffa Jr. said, “President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let’s take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong.” Obama later said nothing about the incendiary language.
- President Obama remarked before the 2010 Congressional elections, ”If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies, and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us’ – if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election – then I think it’s going to be harder. And that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd.”
- Obama once said of his white grandmother, “The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn’t know, there’s a reaction that’s been bred into our experiences that don’t go away, and that sometimes comes out in the wrong way, and that’s just the nature of race in our society.”
- Obama infamously said of Christian conservatives, “It’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
- Newsweek columnist Jonathan Alter, in a book favorable to Obama, said the president referred to the tea party constituents in terms of the sexual epithet “teabaggers.”
- Obama then mocked the tea party publicly by demonstrably characterizing them as, “waiving their tea bags around.”
- After the Occupy Wall Street movement appeared, Obama expressed empathy with the protesters. The Occupy Wall Street movement compared itself to the Arab Spring.
- Obama then compared the Occupy Wall Street movement to the tea party. While the Occupy movement led to thousands of arrests, the tea party caused no known arrests.
- President Obama admitted to smoking marijuana. He said, “I did. It’s not something that I’m proud of. It was a mistake as a young man, but you know? I mean not going to — I never understood that line. The point was to inhale. That was the point.”
- Obama as cited in Dreams from My Father, “Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack [heroin] though.”
- While on the campaign trail, Obama said, “I’ve now been in 57 states—I think one left to go.” Obviously, there are only 50 states.
- On one occasion, Obama accentuated his 57 states gaffe, “I hope I said 100,000 people the first time instead of 100 million. I understand I said there were 57 states today. It’s a sign that my numeracy is getting a little, uh.” At that point, his advisers led him away.
- There aren’t 57 U.S. states, but there are coincidentally 57 Muslim states. Obama once said of the religion, “America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.”
- After the Egyptian uprising, President Obama wielded diplomacy to force out that country’s strongman Hosni Mubarak.
- Egypt’s parliamentary elections brought to power the Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party, and the hardline Islamist Al Nur party placed second.
- Women represent less than 2% of the parliamentary seats, not surprising in a country where women had been beaten in the streets by the police, and CBS’ news correspondent Lara Logan was brutally gang raped (though its network gave the event scant coverage). The Obama administration offered praise for the Egyptian elections.
- President Obama’s signature program, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), referred to colloquially as “Obamacare,” was signed into law in March 2010. According to CNN, public opposition at the time was 59%, or nearly six out of ten adults surveyed. All Republicans in the House and Senate opposed and voted against the passage of the bill.
- When Republicans were opposed to the bill and the possibility of a filibuster loomed (with the aid of any one Democrat or Independent Senator), President Obama supported the so-called nuclear option of “reconciliation,” a budget gimmick that would have seen the bill “passed” despite legitimate levels of opposition.
- Barack Obama on bipartisanship in The Audacity of Hope: “Genuine bipartisanship, though, assumes an honest process of give-and-take, and that the quality of the compromise is measured by how well it serves some agreed-upon goal, whether better schools or lower deficits. This in turn assumes that the majority will be constrained – by an exacting press corps and ultimately an informed electorate – to negotiate in good faith.” (131)
- The president once even tried to redefine “bipartisanship” as not measured by the amount of opposition party support or number of votes for a bill, but rather by the “ideas” contributed to a bill by the other party.
- Obama promised that passage of the PPACA would reduce overall healthcare expenditures. As reported by the AP, the plan will cost at least a trillion dollars over ten years.
- In order to make the plan “deficit neutral,” as meeting the PAYGO rule, the bill had to offset six years of “benefits” with ten years of taxes.
- Obama once vowed to those making less than $250,000 a year, “You will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime.”
- He also said, “I can make a firm pledge, under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”
- Another quote: “I will cut taxes – cut taxes – for 95 percent of all working families, because, in an economy like this, the last thing we should do is raise taxes on the middle class.”
- In just one year under Obama, the Democrats passed nearly $700 billion in tax increases, including nearly $480 billion related to Obamacare.
- Obama, an admitted smoker who has failed to quit, passed a cigarette tax that would raise a projected $65 billion over ten years.
- As criticized by Jersey Shore quasi-star Snooki and Senator John McCain, Obama passed a 10% tax on UV tanning beds.
- The president passed a 40% excise tax on premium or “cadillac” health insurance plans.
- He also signed onto a 2.3% excise tax on certain medical devices, driving up their costs.
- When selling the Obamacare plan, the president assured seniors that their Medicare was safe. But Medicare’s chief actuary pointed out that parts A & B would be slashed by nearly one trillion dollars in the first ten years.
- The president also eliminated “deductions allocable to Medicare Part D,” costing those recipients $4.5 billion.
- Obama promised the passage of the PPACA would lower premiums. But even the CBO estimated that premiums would necessarily skyrocket. And they did.
- As relayed by the Heritage Foundation, “Another source of double-counted savings is the CLASS Act, which creates a new, federally run long-term care insurance program. Beneficiaries will begin paying premiums in 2011 but will not receive benefits for five years. This frontloads revenue and creates the illusion of $70 billion to pay for new spending under PPACA.”
- President Obama later dropped the long-term health insurance provision from the PPACA, once again targeting the elderly and the fragile with his cuts. More sensible would be phasing out such entitlements so people can plan ahead and provide for their own retirements.
- Obama and the Democrats even had the temerity to claim that Obamacare would reduce the deficit by $124 billion over ten years.
- It is a fact that President Obama has added more debt to the United States budget than all other presidents combined.
- According to a number of other news sources, the National Debt increased more than $5 trillion under Obama.
- Mr. Obama blamed the spending overrun on Bush’s unfunded wars and his tax cuts that were not “paid for.”
- Obama later signed on to extending the Bush tax cuts.
- In February 2009, Obama claimed he would cut the deficit in half.
- Under Obama, the Democrats never passed a budget, even though it is a core Congressional responsibility. Although Democrats blamed the Republicans for “obstructionism,” the Democrats had the majority in the House and the required super majority in the Senate to pass a budget over any opposition. A budget can even be passed using reconciliation, because of special rules. We are over 1,000 days without an official budget.
- Obama promised that under the PPACA, people would be able to retain their satisfactory plans. Yet even advocates of the proposal conceded that part-time workers could be forced off of insurance plans until 2014.
- As reported by the Daily Caller: “President Obama promised small businesses that they would receive tax credits to help alleviate the large premium costs in the bill. The Small Business Tax Credit is supposed to be the primary tool for doing this. But not only is the tax credit uselessly small — the (CBO) estimates that it will only affect 12 percent of people in the small-group market — but it ends in 2017.”
- Obama also claimed that health care premiums would decline by “3000%.” He then went on to say that people should then get a raise.
- President Obama denied the existence of any “death panel” in Obamacare, otherwise referred to as “end of life planning.”
- The Americans for Tax Reform mentions a key provision in Obamacare called the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). Charged with controlling health care costs, IPAB consists of 15 full-time members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate for six-year terms. Their goal is to reduce Medicare spending when the five-year outlook for the average growth rate in Medicare per beneficiary is projected to exceed target growth rates. IPAB is prohibited from “rationing” care, increasing taxes, changing Medicare benefits or eligibility, increasing beneficiary premiums and cost-sharing requirements, or reducing low-income subsidies under Medicare Part D. With certain other limitations on spending, the 15-bureaucrat board may pull upon a variety of Medicare cuts, such as physician reimbursement rates under Medicare Part B.
- IPAB has been described by Republicans as a “death panel,” and the drafter of a bill referring to it in such stark terms, Phil Roe, was even able to garner the co-sponsorship of retiring liberal Senator Barney Frank. As Roe explained, ““Basically, there’s a certain amount of money that’s allocated for Medicare spending each year. Once you hit that amount that’s been appropriated, this board, this bureaucratically appointed board, can then decide, not based on quality or need, but based on strictly cost.”
- Obamacare outlawed new construction of physician-owned hospitals, costing up to 25,000 new jobs.
- One bit of sleight hand the Democrats pulled was the so-called “doc fix,” which is the Sustainable Growth Formula used to link physician costs, Medicare enrollment, and GDP. The Obamacare plan led to major cuts across the board for Medicare payments, leading to more doctors refusing Medicare payments.
- Forty percent of doctors polled plan to leave their practices by the time Obamacare goes into effect in 2014.
- While selling Obamacare, the president said that the proposal would eliminate half a billion dollars in Medicare waste and fraud. Not only is this impossible, due to the way the figure was based on double-counting, but why would such waste and fraud be allowed to continue regardless of if Obamacare were passed?
- In a fleeting moment of honesty, Obama said, “The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies [sic] to our health care system.”
- While Obama consistently cited the escalating healthcare costs as a reason for the PPACA, some of the highest in the Western world, he failed to mention that nearly half of all healthcare spending in the United States comes through the government.
- President Obama has golfed at least 92 times as president, far more than any other president in U.S. history.
- On April 9th, 2009 the president said, “We will not rest until we reach a day when not a single veteran falls into homelessness.”
- On May 11th, 2009 the president said, “I will not rest until the dream of health care reform is finally achieved in the United States of America.”
- On November 2nd, 2009 the president said, “We will not rest until we are succeeding in generating the jobs that this economy needs.”
- On November 23rd, 2009 the president said, “I will not rest until business are investing again, and businesses are hiring again.”
- On January 28, 2010 the president said, “We will not rest until we build an economy that’s ready for America’s future.”
- On March 5th, 2010 the president said, “I’m not gonna rest and my administration is not gonna rest in our efforts to help people who are looking to find a job.”
- On May 26th, 2010 the president said, “We will not rest until this well is shut, the environment is repaired and the clean up is complete.”
- On July 8th, 2010 the president said, “My administration will not rest until every American who is able and ready and willing to work can find a job.”
- Obama signed a bill for almost a billion dollars for homeless veterans at the end of 2011. Despite billions spent on programs to end homelessness that kept the rate nearly even, the Huffington Post conceded that homeless rates are ready to rise.
- As of April 2010, 1.2 million households had lost their homes under Obama. In 2010, there were 2.87 million foreclosures, a record-setting year that was 2% above 2009′s. Widely reported foreclosure projections for 2012 cite a possibility of ten million more this year.
- More than a third of Americans have “dropped out” of the middle class, according to traditional standards.
- The unemployment rate for age 20-24 is officially 14.4%, far above the 8.5% figure used in government statistics.
- If one factors in the labor participation rate, the jobless rate is around 11.4%.
- In 2010, CNN reported that already 8 million jobs had been destroyed, perhaps “forever.” Compare with the 52 weeks of job growth under President Bush after his tax cuts went into effect.
- Despite programs meant to put blacks and other minorities into houses, the levels of black home ownership are in free fall, due partly to surging unemployment.
- Black unemployment is double the level for whites under Obama at nearly 16%.
- The U.S.’ Gross Domestic Product continues to be anemic. Eleven out of fourteen quarters under Obama have been below two percent growth.
- While president Obama had consistently insisted that stimulus payments would go to “shovel ready” projects, he later reversed himself and claimed there were no such thing as “shovel ready” projects.
- Obama even joked about the deception, stating with a grin that “shovel-ready was not as shovel ready as we expected.”
- While on the campaign trail, Obama claimed he could halt the rise of the oceans.
- In 2012, “promise kept”: global sea levels have shown a significant drop, putting the lie to the Al Gore-led claims that manmade global warming would lead to widespread coastal flooding.
- As based on Washington Post reporting, Obama’s claim at his Selma speech that Kennedy’s generosity led indirectly to his birth, would imply that he was born in 1961 and not in 1965.
- Obama says in a speech that his father served in World War II. Since his father was only 9, and not yet a Marxist (as reported by Politico), Obama must have meant his grandfather, who did serve.
- Barack Obama stated on more than one occasion that his grandfather helped liberate Jews at Auschwitz. The Russians liberated the Jews at Auschwitz.
- At a speech given in 2011, Obama said that Hawaii was a part of Asia.
- Obama once claimed the U.S. motto was E pluribus unum, or “out of many one.” The national motto as enacted by law in 1956 is actually “In God We Trust.”
- Obama leaves “by their Creator” out of his citation of the Declaration of Independence at a Hispanic Caucus speech.
- When confronted by a girl about Obama’s favorite player on his beloved Chicago White Sox team, the president cannot name a single player.
- Obama once denied that he would use signing statements while in office, like Bush did. Of course, this was a lie.
- As reported by the NY Times, President Obama broke his campaign pledge regularly that all bills would be posted online before they would be voted on.
- It is unclear how many times Obama said, “Let me be clear.” But it is clearly dozens.
- Obama confessed that change had turned out to be “a lot tougher than expected” at a speech in San Francisco.
- Obama admitted that it was “not as trendy” in late 2011 to be a supporter as it was in 2008.
- Obama also admitted that Americans were not better off than they were four years ago.
- As recently reported by the AP, “And rarely has Obama’s rhetoric as president reached as high as the lofty promises of his campaign, when he pledged to change the very way Washington does business and remake politics itself. It’s a far cry from those promises of change to the ambition of meeting monthly with Democratic and Republican congressional leaders — but even that relatively modest goal, from Obama’s 2010 State of the Union, went unfulfilled.”
- Even the politically suspect Politifact evaluates Obama’s campaign pledge rate at 24%. Thus, three out of every four pledges were either baseless, naive, or lies.
- Under Obama, Americans’ fear of big government approached an all-time high. According to Gallup, citizens’ feared big government at a clip of 64%, more than big business at 26%, and big labor at 8%.
- Recent polling shows that far more Americans believe their country is heading in the wrong direction under Obama than at any time under Bush. Currently, 23% say America is heading in the “right” direction, and 71.2% believe we are going the wrong way – a 49 point gap. The widest negative spread under Bush was 34 points in November 2007.
- Those who “strongly approve” of Obama performance as president has dropped from 45% to 22% since Rasmussen began polling him. The percentage of those who “strongly disapprove” has skyrocketed from 14% to between 40% and 45%.
- As part of the president’s modernization vision for America, he proposed a $53 billion program for a high-speed railroad.
- President Obama said in 2011, “We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad.” Actually, it’s the Transcontinental Railroad.
- Obama is apparently unaware of Amtrak, which receives billions in government subsidies and is far short of passenger capacity.
- Plans to build a nationwide high-speed rail system are faltering. Claims that the program would create tens of thousands of jobs apparently neglect the “broken window fallacy” – overlooking the opportunity costs of doing so.
- While Obama was making a case for government-run healthcare, he said the following, “UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It’s the Post Office that’s always having problems.”
- Indeed, because of the post office’s insolvency, it has attempted to make $3 billion in cost reductions. This has meant slashes in services.
- An ostensible act of terrorism carried out during the Obama administration, the Fort Hood shooting, was labeled an act of “workplace violence” by the administration. Major Hassan had yelled “Allahu Akhbar!” (Glory to Allah!) and gunned down dozens, killing thirteen.
- The military had diagnosed Major Hassan with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, although he had never been in combat (more accurately, Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder?). There were several red flags about his computer networking to al Qaeda sites, and possible unwillingness to fight a war on behalf of the United States. Such points raised questions in the mainstream media whether “political correctness” was going too far.
- Obama admitted about the Christmas Day bomber, “We failed to connect the dots.”
- Under Obama, the Transportation Security Administration developed new aggressive techniques to screen for “terrorists,” including full body or “naked” scanners and intensive groping hand-search techniques. As Representative Broun pointed out on CSPAN, these techniques often target children and elderly, and avoid Arab men, so as not to impinge on political correctness.
- In 2009, Obama officially ended the “global war on terror,” instead calling our excursions “overseas contingency operations.”
- Obama: “I said very early on, as a Senator and continue to believe, as a presidential candidate and now as president, that we can absorb a terrorist attack.” The full context can be read here.
- In an interview on ABC, Obama said, “What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith…” George Stephanopoulos jumped in to correct Obama by saying “your Christian faith,” which Obama quickly clarified.
- Obama once claimed that: “As a student of history, I also know civilization’s debt to Islam. It was Islam – at places like Al-Azhar – that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe ‘s Renaissance and Enlightenment.” So if the gates of ijtihad, or further enlightenment, had closed in Islam in the tenth century, how could such a religion lead to Enlightenment and Renaissance in Europe from the fourteenth to eighteenth centuries? Does Obama mean the rediscovering of Aristotelian texts preserved by Muslim scholars helped lead to the Renaissance and Enlightenment?
- Obama also said, “The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.”
- As the left-wing FactCheck.org cannot deny, Obama once said, “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed. That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn’t.”
- As the USA Today related, Obama once said, “Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality.” This is obviously at odds with reality. Not only is Islam itself bigoted against women and homosexuals, Muslims once sold millions of blacks (and whites) into slavery.
- Obama also said, “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation – at least, not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.” Essentially, the United States was never officially a Christian nation, but this is not the sense Obama was using the phrase. What Obama implies is that America is no longer a place where just Christians live. But the United States was never that, so one is left to wonder what he is implying.
- President Obama once oddly remarked, “On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes – and I see many of them in the audience here today – our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.”
- Obama said about having spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, “I didn’t want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances.” Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize.
- Just one year into his administration, academics ranked Obama the fifteenth best president of all time. George W. Bush was thirty-ninth out of forty-three presidents.
- On 60 Minutes, Obama claimed that his accomplishments top all but three presidents: Lincoln, FDR, and Wilson.
- In August 2009, President Obama exhorts citizens to “snitch” on one another regarding any supposed lies or disinformation regarding Obamacare. His website, “FLAG,” actually led to blog-tracking for information related to the program.
- In 2011, Obama relaunches similar program, and becomes Internet laughing stock, with Attack Watch.
- Obama has sought authority for an Internet kill switch, an agenda that has been resurrected in 2012.
- The president once mistakenly referred to the web as “the Internets.”
- President Obama gave classroom addresses, not once, but twice. Some schools made his address mandatory viewing.
- Along with the first address, teachers around the country were sent a compendium to evaluate their reaction to the president’s message.
- President Obama indeed did use a teleprompter when addressing a sixth-grade classroom.
- Kids love Obama: So much so that adults and teachers helped them craft videos, music, and other forms of president-worship.
- Without my own teleprompter, it is hard for me to say how many times Obama has used his. Countless times. So many times even Politico noticed.
- Obama without a teleprompter: Gets lost, calls inhalator a “breathalyzer.”
- The president is notorious for his ahhs and umms. One forty-one minute speech given in Amman, Jordan was nearly seven and a half minutes of ahhs and umms.
- James Carville once took President Obama to task for scheduling an address during a GOP debate.
- At candidate Obama’s DNC speech, a massive Greek amphitheater was erected in an attempt to make his ego seem more proportionate.
- Politico’s Roger Simon called Barack Obama the greatest orator of modern times.
- Former Congressman Harold Ford called him the greatest orator to ever be president.
- Effusive praise for Obama was published in numerous major publications around the country under the pseudonym “Ellie Light.”
- Near the end of Obama’s campaign season, “journalists” Tom Brokaw and Charlie Rose admit they don’t know much about the man.
- Time magazine’s Mark Halperin slams mainstream media for its “extreme bias, extreme pro-Obama coverage” during 2008 campaign season.
- One Time magazine photographer worker for the publication and the administration at the same time.
- An online association of “bloggers, reporters and editors” and “a number of professional political operatives, including top White House economic advisors, key Obama political appointees, and Democratic campaign veterans” called Journolist worked together to shape news coverage and get Obama elected.
- The president once thanked powerful Hollywood producer Jeffrey Katzenberg for his work. “If it weren’t for you, we would not be in the White House,” Obama said.
- Barack Obama utilized the taxpayer-funded National Endowment of the Arts to propagandize for his health care plan.
- A former director at disgraced, defunded, and formally disbanded ACORN will head up Obama’s “Project Vote” campaign in 2012.
- Candidate Obama said on the campaign trail, “Our goal is to have a country that’s not divided by race.”
- Countless times, Democrats and left-leaning organizations like the NAACP, have denounced Obama’s opponents as “racist.” The president has never sought to correct his party’s obvious tactic to delegitimize valid objections to his policies.
- Unsurprisingly, polls suggest America is more racially divided under Obama than in previous years.
- President Obama famously said of the Cambridge police’s arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates, Jr. “the police acted stupidly.”
- A police tape released later shows that protocol was followed and Mr. Gates was being uncooperative.
- The president then tried to make it all better with a “beer summit.”
- The beers served at the beer summit, including Bud Light, were all brewed by foreign-owned manufacturers.
- Obama had earlier lost a bet on a Hockey game to the Canadian president Stephen Harper, obliging him to send a case of Molson Canadian over the border. Obama threw in a case of American-made Yuengling.
- The president allowed his wife Michelle to bully private company McDonald’s until it gave in and included apple slices in Happy Meals.
- The left-wing flipped when Obama nominated former vice president and chief lobbyist of ag company Monsanto Michael Taylor to act as his “Food Safety Czar.”
- At a $36,000 a plate fundraiser, Obama compares himself to Martin Luther King. (As mentioned earlier, he wrongly attributes quote to MLK.)
- The monument to Martin Luther King Jr. erected under Obama was slated to be corrected after the “drum major” quote was considered to be too arrogant-sounding.
- Barack Obama once said that the “Constitution is stained by the sin of slavery.”
- Here is what the “Constitutional scholar” Barack Obama (who never published a peer reviewed article on the subject) said in an interview before he became president: “The Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth and sort of more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society. And to that extent, as radical as I think people tried to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, as least as it’s been interpreted, and [sic] Warren Court interpreted in the same way that, generally, the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties, says what the states can’t do to you, says what the federal government can’t do to you, but it doesn’t say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf. ”
- Here is what Obama’s nominee to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Goodwin Liu wrote in a 2006 Yale Law Review article: “On my account of the Constitution’s citizenship guarantee, federal responsibility logically extends to areas beyond education. Importantly, however, the duty of government cannot be reduced to simply providing the basic necessities of life….. Beyond a minimal safety net, the legislative agenda of equal citizenship should extend to systems of support and opportunity that, like education, provide a foundation for political and economic autonomy and participation. The main pillars of the agenda would include basic employment supports such as expanded health insurance, child care, transportation subsidies, job training, and a robust earned income tax credit.” Liu was eventually voted down in the Senate, but he was later appointed by Governor Jerry Brown to the California Supreme Court.
- During the State of the Union address in 2010, the President unprecedentedly condemned the Supreme Court’s decision upholding business owners’ right to free speech during political campaigns to the Justices’ faces. The president called on Congress to legislatively overturn the court decision. Justice Alito, for his part, mouthed the words “not true” during the shameless criticism.
- In 2009, Congressman Joe Wilson famously yelled “You lie!” to President Obama, who had just stated that criticism that the healthcare bill would fund medicine for illegal immigrants was false. It turns out that Joe Wilson was right. Medical organizations that receive funding from Obamacare will not check for immigration status.
- President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Justice Sonia Sotomayor was once caught on video saying the Court of Appeals is “where policy is made.”
- Justice Sotomayor also called herself a “wise Latina,” inspiring much spinning from Sotomayor and on the left that people didn’t understand what she meant. Here is the quote: “Justice O’Connor has often been cited as saying that a wise old man and wise old woman will reach the same conclusion in deciding cases. … I am also not so sure that I agree with the statement. … I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.”
- President Obama once said that one of the key attributes he would look for in a Supreme Court justice would be “empathy.” As ranking Republican on Senate Judiciary Committee Jeff Sessions commented: “Even today, President Obama advocates a judicial philosophy that calls on judges to base their decisions on empathy and their ‘broader vision of what America should be’… he suggests that his nominee shares that view. Our legal system does not allow such an approach.”
- Another Supreme Court Justice nominated by Barack Obama, Elena Kagan, criticized the Constitution as “defective.”
- She cited Justice Thurgood Marshall and was specifically talking about the Constitution’s three-fifths electoral apportionment clause, which was born of compromise between the northern states and southern states, and eventually led to the political weakening of the southern states and the Civil War. The Civil War that rendered it “moot,” was a movement in the direction of fulfilling the Founder’s vision of equality before the law, as established in the Fourteenth Amendment, itself a law misapplied widely today.
- Kagan also quoted Thurgood Marshall by saying the Supreme Court’s mission was to “show a special solicitude for the despised and the disadvantaged.”
- Elena Kagan also supported a lawsuit against the government’s efforts to deny federal funding to law schools that banned military recruiters from their campus in protest of the military’s “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy on gays.
- President Obama also appointed homosexual activist Kevin Jennings as his “Safe Schools Czar.” Jennings had been caught on tape discussing lewd sexual acts, and promoting books that indisputably endorsed underage sex, homosexual experimentation, and worse. Jennings was not pushed out of office until the middle of 2011.
- President Obama was reluctant to come out on the record on behalf of “gay rights,” such as “gay marriage.” He laughably said that his views were “evolving.”
- The president eventually ended the military policy of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” making it okay for servicemen to be openly gay in the military.
- President Obama’s popularity within the military has collapsed, according to Gallup.
- The administration announced it would back gay rights abroad, including the possibility of using foreign aid.
- In 2012, President Obama signed legislation for military sexual assault law reforms. Apparently, these reforms didn’t include separating sexes in certain situations, as the left must not consider sex-starved, stressed men going without intercourse for months mixed with young women as a potential problem.
- Women in the military are also much more likely to be critical of war policy than their male counterparts.
- President Obama was once caught looking at a sixteen-year old’s backside while visiting with French President Nikolas Sarkozy.
- Obama once said to a female reporter for ABC’s Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers,”Hold on one second, sweetie, we’re going to do – we’ll do a press avail.”
- Oddly missing in Obama’s biography is the lack of any publicly known girlfriends.
- The mainstream media in direct and indirect ways touted Obama’s sex appeal during his campaign. This is what one prominent piece said: “He’s not just a terrific orator, he has sex appeal too. Alongside him Gordon looked like your old maths teacher, desperately hoping that a bit of the stardust might blow his way. […] Barack doesn’t just speak, he jives. Tall, relaxed, supremely self-assured, he strides to the microphone, arms held loosely, head to one side, the top act about to kick off the show.”
- People may recall the leftwing media going ga-ga over the president’s shirtless pics taken from Hawaii.
- In 2012, a shirtless Barack Obama eats sand during a football game on the Hawaiian beach.
- As president, Obama has made it a public point to make his NCAA “March Madness” picks. ESPN ran a special segment on it and the NY Times even called his bracket “one of the best.”
- Legendary Duke coach Mike Kryzyzewski had the following comment: “Somebody said that we’re not in President Obama’s Final Four, and as much as I respect what he’s doing, really, the economy is something that he should focus on, probably more than the brackets.”
- Obama has played basketball while in office numerous occasions. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. But he has also brought in a number of NBA stars to play with him.
- Donald Trump said Obama should stop playing basketball and lower gas prices. Not that the two things are mutually exclusive, but rather that the man should take the economic issues more seriously.
- Obama tapped Ronald Reagan to defend his support for the so-called “Buffet Rule,” so-named for Warren Buffet’s comments about rich paying a lower tax rate in some cases than those in middle class or working poor.
- Obama said: “Now, some Republicans in Congress, they’re already dusting off the old — their old records. ‘That’s class warfare.’ Let me tell you something, 26 years ago — some of you may have seen this on television, clips have been circulating – 26 years ago, another President said that some of these tax loopholes, and I quote, ‘made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing while a bus driver was paying 10 percent of his salary, and that’s crazy. It’s time we stopped it.’ That was 26 years ago. You know the name of that President? Ronald Reagan.’ “
- The AP specifically debunked this meme. Quote: “On average, the wealthiest people in America pay a lot more taxes than the middle class or the poor, according to private and government data. They pay at a higher rate, and as a group, they contribute a much larger share of the overall taxes collected by the federal government.”
- The United States has the highest corporate taxes in the Western world. Even Democratic Ways and Means committee Chairman Charlie Wrangel proposed cutting the tax rate from 35% to 30.5%.
- And Obama said at the same speech: “So was that class warfare? By the way, taxes are much lower now than they ever were when Ronald Reagan was President. I know a lot of folks have short memories, but I don’t remember Republicans accusing Ronald Reagan of being a socialist – (laughter) – or engaging in class warfare, because he thought that everybody should do their fair share.”
- At the same speech, Obama also said, “”Now, this notion that folks are inherently selfish, that’s just not true. But you’ve got to ask them, right? People don’t voluntarily pay taxes.” Actually, you just disproved your own meme. People don’t voluntarily pay taxes. That shows that they are fundamentally selfish.
- President Obama also compared himself to FDR. He said, “I would put these first four months up against any prior administration since FDR,” Obama said. “We didn’t ask for the challenges that we face, but we don’t shrink from them either.”
- While giving his speech that has been called a successor to Theodore Roosevelt’s “New Nationalism,” Obama invoked Teddy to call for more regulation over the economy.
- The president also invoked JFK as a justification to move the country in a “fundamentally different direction.” Not sure what kind of “fundamentally different direction” under JFK the president was referring to. Aggressively defending the U.S. against Soviet communism? Slashing tax rates?
- Of course, then Senator Obama compared himself to Abraham Lincoln, penning a piece in Time magazine called “What I see in Lincoln’s eyes.”
- Obama once quoted Lincoln’s “Labor is the superior of Capital” line.
- President Obama criticized George W. Bush because he “did not necessarily believe in government as an agent of change.”The president added, “I want to make government cool again.”
- Obama has constantly used class warfare. One example is his framing of “kids vs. corporate jets.” It apparently didn’t strike him that kids may grow up to fly, build, or work on corporate jets.
- The first time the CEOs of GM and Chrysler went to Congress looking for a bailout, they were turned away because they flew in on corporate jets.
- In a prime-time speech, President Obama mentioned “corporate jets” no less than five times, and denounced a tax credit for ‘accelerated depreciation’ that could include corporate jets. Even friend of the administration Warren Buffett took offense.
- President Obama’s Kansas speech became notorious for its over-the-top class warfare rhetoric.
- Obama once said about a Kansas tornado, “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died – an entire town destroyed.” The tornado killed 12 people.
- Obama said that the economic collapse of 2008 “combined the breathtaking greed of a few with irresponsibility all across the system. And it plunged our economy and the world into a crisis from which we’re still fighting to recover.” His solution? More government power, discretion, and action.
- The Obamas gave 1% to charity of $1.2 million earnings between 2000-2004, and then 5% of $2.6 million in 2005 and 2006. Mitt Romney, by comparison, gave 15% average of his multi-million dollar income in 2010 and 2011.
- Former Clinton adviser Mark Penn chided Obama for his class warfare rhetoric, and goaded him to abandon it before his 2012 campaign run.
- Obama once said, “”We’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”
- President Obama once fired Inspector General Walpin without notice, allegedly for looking into corrupt ties from Americorps to the Obama administration.
- Obama once pronounced “corps” as “corpse.” This is what he said: “One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world – Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard.”
- The one area of the economy that Obama has stimulated while in office: ammunition sales.
- This is what Obama said while on the campaign trail: “We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.” Hard to take that quote out of context.
- When giving his a speech in Germany, Obama referred to himself as a “citizen of the world.”
- As Obama once put it, “In America, there’s a failure to appreciate Europe’s leading role in the world.”
- The president also said, “As a nuclear power – as the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear weapon – the United States has a moral responsibility to act. ” This was at Obama’s Prague speech on nuclear weapons.
- In 2010, the Obama administration announced its support for a small arms treaty.
- It was the same small arms treaty Hillary Clinton had supported in Mexico, just before a then little-known program called Project Gunrunner was announced by Janet Napolitano and members of the State Department and the Justice Department. Project Gunrunner was the parent program of Operation Fast and Furious. The operation infamously allowed straw purchasers to attain guns at gun shows without proper documentation and allowed them to “walk” back to Mexico.
- Nearly 60% of the guns were “lost.” Dozens turned up in crime scenes in Mexico and some even in the United States. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was infamously killed by a gun that was a part of Operation Fast and Furious.
- Attorney General Eric Holder was subpoenaed by Darrell Issa to testify about his knowledge of the program. Whether Holder is incompetent or a liar, President Obama has refused to hold Holder accountable.
- Earlier in Obama’s administration, the attorney general refused to prosecute two members of the Black Panther party for an obvious case of voter intimidation. One of them was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. The case was widely considered to be a “slam dunk.”
- Eric Holder has been waging an aggressive campaign against state Voter ID laws, labeling their enforcement as tantamount to racism.
- As investigative guerrilla journalist James O’Keefe illustrated, many states’ lax voter ID laws allow even corpses to vote.
For reasons 400 to 1001 go here.
- Voting American Presents: 1001 Barack Obama Lies and Failures the Media Refused to Report (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
- Romney now reaping troop support 2:1 over Obama (redalertpolitics.com)
- Debunking Obama & 1001 Islamic inventions (conservativethinkingamericans.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s War Record (dissidentvoice.org)
Today’s congressional hearing on the Sep. 11, 2012 attacks across the Middle East, that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans in Benghazi, have destroyed the Obama administration’s lies about the event. There was not enough security in Benghazi, despite repeated requests; there was no preparation for the attacks, despite intelligence and warning signs; and the assault in Libya had nothing to do with an anti-Islamic video, as President Barack Obama and his appointees had claimed for weeks.
On the eve of the hearings, the State Department claimed not to have linked the Libya attack to an anti-Islamic video made in the United States–although Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did so in television advertisements the State Department produced for Pakistani television, and UN Ambassador Susan Rice told the media over and over again that the attacks had been part of a spontaneous demonstration of outrage across the region. Numerous requests for additional security in Benghazi had been ignored by the diplomats at Foggy Bottom.
The White House, meanwhile, finally discarded the “video” narrative to which it had clung for weeks, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary–but not before the filmmaker had been arrested in the dead of night at his home on the pretext of a parole violation, and not before President Obama devoted the bulk of his September address to the United Nations to condemning the video and defamation of Islam and Muhammad.
The new White House line is that poor intelligence led it to an erroneous conclusion about the video–even though that claim is contradicted by the State Department’s own claims about what it knew about the attacks.
Both the White House and the State Department were adamant in their criticism of the video in the hours after demonstrators scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo, as well as in the weeks thereafter, though the White House claimed–through an unnamed source in Politico–to have denounced the embassy’s apologies.
In one of today’s hearing’s more memorable–and ignoble–exchanges, Rep. Darrell Issa took umbrage at State Department Official for Embassy Security Charlene Lamb’s assertion that “We had the correct number of assets in Benghazi at the time of 9/11 for what had been agreed upon.” Issa retorted that her claim “doesn’t seem to ring true to the American people.” Nor, indeed, did it comport with other evidence presented to the hearing, including Lt. Col, Andrew Wood, who once headed U.S. security in Libya and testified that there had been serious deficiencies in embassy security, and that it had never been protected with the necessary resources.
Read the rest here.
- Obama’s Libya Lies: Worse Than Watergate (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Obama Admin. Lies Regarding Benghazi-Gate Unravel As Congress Demands The Truth (5440fight.com)
- State Department Denies Security to Libya but Authorizes Chevy Volts in Austria (lettingfreedomring.com)
Remember when Joe Biden told Paul Ryan that Congress denied funding for additional security in Libya? Even though State Dept. Bureaucrat, Charlene Lamb, told Congressman Dana Rohrabacher that budget had nothing to do with security decisions in Benghazi?
Now we find out that the State Department’s budgetary priorities lies with green energy cars in Vienna, Austria rather than security for Americans in the Middle East. According to Rep. Mike Kelly via the Washington Times:
In a May 3, 2012, email, the State Department denied a request by a group of Special Forces assigned to protect the U.S. embassy in Libya to continue their use of a DC- 3 airplane for security operations throughout the country.
The subject line of the email, on which slain Ambassador Chris Stevens was copied, read: “Termination of Tripoli DC-3 Support.”
Four days later, on May 7, the State Department authorized the U.S. embassy in Vienna to purchase a $108,000 electric vehicle charging station for the embassy motor pool’s new Chevrolet Volts. The purchase was a part of the State Department’s “Energy Efficiency Sweep of Europe” initiative, which included hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars on green program expenditures at various U.S. Embassies.
In fact, at a May 10 gala held at the U.S. embassy in Vienna, the ambassador showcased his new Volts and other green investments as part of the U.S. government’s commitment to “climate change solutions.”
The event posting on the embassy website read: “Celebrating the Greening of the Embassy.”
While the embassy in Vienna was going green, the consulate in Benghazi was getting bombed, and little was done to stop it.
Before the terrorist attack that took the lives of Ambassador Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, there were more than 230 security incidents in Libya between June 2011 and July 2012.
Of those attacks, 48 took place in Benghazi, two at the U.S. diplomatic compound and scene of the September 11, 2012, terrorist attacks.
This first attack on the Benghazi compound occurred on April 6, 2012, when two Libyans threw a crude improvised explosive device over the compound wall. Two months later, another IED exploded at the compound, wounding one person and leaving a hole in the perimeter wall large enough for 40 people to run through.
The second attack was linked to the “Brigades of the Imprisoned Sheikh Omar Abdul Rahman,” a jihadist, pro-al Qaeda group named after the mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. The same group was responsible for subsequent attacks on the British ambassador to Libya and the International Committee of the Red Cross, both of which took place in Benghazi just months before the September attack.
While these steady and increasingly violent attacks on western interests mounted, the U.S. State Department repeatedly rejected requests for additional protection measures for our security teams in Libya.
According to Eric Nordstrom, a regional security officer of the U.S. Mission to Libya from September 2011 to July 2012, the State Department not only refused his requests for greater security, but actually reduced the number of Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) agents assigned to foreign service officers based in Libya. Ironically, as the State Department withdrew security resources, it increased hazard pay for its employees based in Libya by 5 percent.
Mr. Nordstrom’s concerns regarding the escalating violence and inadequate security provisions, especially at the Benghazi compound, were shared by Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, commander of the 16-member Security Support Team (SST) in Libya from February to August 2012. Lt. Col. Wood, who left Libya shortly before Ambassador Stevens was assassinated, believed that the SST presence needed to be extended, an idea Mr. Nordstrom said was shot down by the State Department in early July.
When Lt. Col. Wood and Mr. Nordstrom surveyed the Benghazi compound’s physical security in March 2012, they said the security provisions were “inappropriately low,” with just one DSS agent available to supervise the 24-hour security. In addition to the DSS agent, the compound was protected by four armed members of the 17th of February Martyrs Brigade and unarmed Libyan contractors employed by the British-based Blue Mountain Group.
According to an employment contract recovered at the Benghazi compound by the Washington Post shortly after the September attacks, those unarmed Libyan contractors were making roughly $4 dollars an hour.
If that was indeed the case, the State Department, using the funds provided to the U.S. embassy in Austria for an electric vehicle charger, could have provided Ambassador Stevens with three additional guards, 24 hours a day, for 365 days, with some money left over.
This is not to argue that having more guards, extending the SST presence, or authorizing the continued use of the DC-3 plane would have prevented Ambassador Stevens’ death, which marked the first assassination of a U.S. ambassador since the 1970s. It does, however, raise a question about the State Department’s spending priorities.
Should the money directed toward other State Department initiatives, such as the “Energy Efficiency Sweep of Europe,” have gone toward efforts to secure highly vulnerable State Department personnel in areas like Libya?
What seemed to be lacking was the common sense to know where to spend it.
Another diversion tactic by the Obama administration: Blame the other guy for your collosal failures. However, we are awake Mr. President and shame on you!!! How many more innocent brave Americans will die under your watch?!?
- State Department Blew Fortune on Volts While Withdrawing Security From Benghazi Consulate (moonbattery.com)
- Libya security cut while Vienna embassy gained Chevy Volts (bonniesbumps.wordpress.com)
- State Dept.: No Mob In Benghazi; Whistleblower: We Begged For Help (reason.com)
- State Dept Cut Libya Security While Embassy in War-Torn* Vienna Got Chevy Volts (pjmedia.com)
- An Incriminating Timeline: Obama Administration and Libya (VIDEO) (heritage.org)
- Another Attack: U.S. Embassy Security Official Killed in Yemen (conservativebyte.com)
- The Libya Cover-Up! (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)