One of the left’s favorite attacks on the Republican Party is that it is the party of old white people, devoid of diversity and probably racist.
If you were watching MSNBC’s coverage of the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday night, you might believe those assertions, since missing from the coverage was nearly every ethnic minority that spoke during Tuesday’s festivities.
In lieu of airing speeches from former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, a black American; Mia Love, a black candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from Utah; and Texas senatorial hopeful Ted Cruz, a Latino American, MSNBC opted to show commentary anchored by Rachel Maddow from Rev. Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes and Steve Schmidt.
Throughout this convention, Matthews has accused the Republicans of playing dog-whistle racist politics while on scene in Tampa. It isn’t clear, however, if Matthews will hurl accusations of racism at Davis, Love or Cruz for speeches his network failed to broadcast.
Read more at The Daily Caller
- Mia Love – “Mr. President I am here to tell you we are not buying what you are selling in 2012″ (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Ex-Dem and Obama Backer Artur Davis Wows the Convention – And is at the RIGHT One This Time! (lettingfreedomring.com)
- MSNBC Breaks Away from GOP Convention every time a Minority Speaker is Presented (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- Chris Matthews goes Newsroom on RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, blasting him (freakoutnation.com)
- Liberal Crusade To Define Republican Attacks On Obama As Racist Descends Into Parody (mediaite.com)
- Fmr. GOP Gov. Charlie Crist To Matthews: ‘I’m Proud To Stand With President Obama’ (mediaite.com)
- Chris Matthews Melts Down While Playing the Race and Class Warfare Card (whitehouse12.com)
- Outraged Herman Cain Cancels MSNBC Interview In Protest Against The “Race Card” By Chris Matthews Charge (hermancaintrain.wordpress.com)