Posted by Jim Hoft via Gateway Pundit
Leadership: Obama Administration Drafted Memo to Blame Military if OBL Mission Failed
Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey told Sean Hannity tonight that the Obama Administration drafted a memo to protect the president from blame if the mission to kill or capture Osama Bin Laden would have failed. That way Obama could blame the general instead of taking the blame himself. Mukasey wrote about it this week in The Wall Street Journal.
“That was a highly lawyered memo (designed to protect the president politically)… I think there’s going to be more that’s going to be tumbling out about that escapade but so far that memo is enough.“
And, of course, this surprises no one who is familiar with Obama’s leadership style.
Mukasey also contrasted Obama’s leadership style tonight to Lincoln and Eisenhower as he did in his WSJ Opinion piece earlier in the week.
Lincoln took responsibility in August 1862 for failures that had been attributed to General George McClellan—eventually sacked for incompetence—and Secretary of War Edwin Stanton. Lincoln told a crowd that McClellan was not at fault for seeking more than Stanton could give, and “I stand here, as justice requires me to do, to take upon myself what has been charged upon the Secretary of War.”
Dwight Eisenhower is famous for having penned a statement to be issued in anticipation of the failure of the Normandy invasion that reads in relevant part: “My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame attaches to the attempt it is mine alone.”
A week later, when the success of the invasion was apparent, Eisenhower saluted the Allied Expeditionary Forces: “One week ago this morning there was established through your coordinated efforts our first foothold in northwestern Europe. High as was my preinvasion confidence in your courage, skill and effectiveness . . . your accomplishments . . . have exceeded my brightest hopes.
Eisenhower did mention himself at the end: “I truly congratulate you upon a brilliantly successful beginning. . . . Liberty loving people everywhere would today like to join me in saying to you, ‘I am proud of you.’”
- Barack Obama: One Child Left Behind (lettingfreedomring.com)
- American Narcissus – The Vanity of Barack Obama (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Sleepwalking Through History – The Two Sides of Obama: Extreme Narcissism and Extreme Boredom (lettingfreedomring.com)
- Barack Obama – Narcissist or Merely Narcissistic? (lettingfreedomring.com)
- “If I Wanted America to Fail”…..I would continue on the path we are on! (lettingfreedomring.com)
- It figures! Obama had memo ready to blame military if OBL raid failed (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Ego , Thy Name Is Obama (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)